Hadeland Glassverk was built on the grounds of Mo farm at Jevnaker in 1762, and production began in 1765. In the beginning, production consisted mainly of bottles, apothecary jars, medicine bottles and household glass. In 1852, Ole Christian Berg took over the management at Hadeland, and under his leadership, the glassworks expanded rapidly. Hadeland began producing decorative items, such as wine glasses, bowls, platters and vases. During the 1800s, Hadeland copied styles and patterns from other countries in Europe, but by the 1920s, Hadeland began to develop its own models.
From 1930 until the 1960s, Hadeland Glassverk was one of Norway’s leading producers of lighting for both the public and private sectors, at home and abroad. The lights in their archives were designed by the team of Jonas Hidle, chief designer at Christiania Glassmagasin, and Arnulf Bjørshol, designer for Høvik Lys, a division of Christiania Glassmagasin.